This is how Korean families often hang out, on the floor watching dramas, 'gag shows', or reality TV.  It's so special that I get this uncensored glimpse into Korean life here at my in-laws place.

--- Critiques Welcome ---
- www.gregsamborski.com -
- www.chakababy.com -

Saturday Night Premieres of HBO Asia are hot this January

So it is 2016 and most of you are still fidgety with your NY’s resolutions. How do you want to spend your weekends this year? When it involves spending more time with your love ones, then your TV will help you achieve it in just a popcorn away! Here are the premieres of must-watch movies in HBO Asia you might wish to share with your love ones every Saturday this January. #SatNightPremieres

Ex Machina (2015)

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi

Duration: 1 hr 40 min

Are you a fan of AIs? Then this is a must watch for you. I personally recommend this to everyone, whether they are fond of Sci-Fi or AIs or not. IMDb gave it 7.7. This is a beautifully crafted movie about the irony of man’s desire to exceed beyond his limits. It fascinatingly portrayed the blur lines between humanity and technology. If you want to understand Elon Musk, Bill Gates and Stephen Hawking of their hesitation on AI developments, then you should watch this. You missed it in Cinema, no excuses now since it has repeats on your cable TV! Here are the schedules in HBO Asia.

Premiere on Sat, Jan 9, 9:00 PM

With repeats on Sun, Jan 10, 1:30 PM | Tue, Jan 12, 9:00 PM | Wed, Jan 13, 12:10 PM | Sun, Jan 17, 8:15 PM

Seventh Son (2014)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Duration: 1 hr 37 min

A movie you might want to share with your gullible bffs. Another fantasy movie of the Oscar winner Jeff Bridges and renowned actress Julianne Moore, this swords and sorcery throwback will take you back to the Middle Ages. If you are a fan of movies that don’t need brains, then this is perfect for you. Just enjoy the pure fun and don’t expect too much. IMDb is modest to give 5.5 for this. Here is the premiere schedule and its repeats:

Premiere on Sat, Jan 16, 9:00 PM

With repeats on Tue, Jan 19, 9:00 PM | Wed, Jan 20, 11:45 AM | Sun, Jan 22, 7:20 PM

The Theory of Everything (2014)

Genre: Biography, Drama, Romance

Duration: 1 hr 58 min

This is a moving and inspirational movie about the life of a renowned astrophysicist Stephen Hawking and his wife. This insightful film is best to watch with your Bae. Get some real-life lessons on how to make your relationship work. You will pity your rants about your girlfriend when you realize that two people can make it work despite of earth-shattering health condition. An incredible Oscar-nominated performances from Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones says it all. It got 7.7 from IMDb. Here are its TV schedule in HBO Asia:

Premiere on Sat, Jan 23, 9:00 PM

With repeats on Sun, Jan. 24, 3:40 PM | Tue, Jan 26, 9:00 PM | Wed, Jan 27, 1:30 PM | Sun, Jan 31, 7:00 PM

Chappie (2015)

Genre: Action, Crime, Sci-Fi

Duration: 1 hr 55 min

You can categorize this on the cliché side of AI films in Hollywood as its twist seemed rather expected. I personally didn’t like it. But hey, it does still moves audiences in some degree though occasionally silly slice of Sci-Fi. IMDb gave it 6.9 afterall. Watch it with lots of popcorns, you will feel better. Here are its TV schedules in HBO Asia:

Premiere on Sat, Jan 30, 9:00PM

With repeat on Sun, Jan 31  1:35PM

Now you have one more idea how to spend your weekend this January. Look forward to each Saturday and tell us what movie did you see and how did you find it.

7 Comments

1. Thanks for this! More of these posts please, specially in the weekends.. Good movies :) Entered this site today because I wanna see movies tonight too, but no new ones yet :/

2. You’re so interesting! I don’t believe I’ve truly read
    through a single thing like this before. So wonderful to discover another person with original thoughts on this issue.
    Really.. thanks for starting this up. This web site is one thing that’s needed on the internet, someone
    with some originality!

3. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark
    your blog and will often come back in the future.
    I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great writing,
    have a nice holiday weekend!

4. Thank you for some other magnificent article. The place else may just anybody
    get that kind of information in such an ideal manner of writing?
    I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the search for
    such info.

5. An outstanding share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a
    colleague who has been doing a little research on this.
    And he in fact ordered me lunch because I stumbled upon it for him…

lol. So let me reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spending some time to discuss this subject
    here on your website.